Key Features of the Schoeps CMC 6U Microphone Amplifier
- flat frequency response
- very low harmonic distortion and noise
- works with 12V and 48V phantom power
- balanced, low-impedance output
- high suppression of interference on the microphone cable
- excellent protection against high-frequency radio interference with “RFI Shield”
- frequency-independent impedance
- signal transmission possible over very long cables
- reliable operation even with weak phantom power
- symmetrical, transformer- and capacitor-free output stage with a class-A amplifier
- above 20 kHz, the signal is attenuated for protection against interference in the ultrasonic range, e.g. through the ultrasonic autofocus of a film camera
A microphone amplifier is required in between the Capsule and your mixer input.
A complete microphone of the Colette series comprises any of the twenty available capsules combined with the amplifier.
The CMC 6U is designed for standard 48V and 12V phantom power. The circuitry recognises the supply voltage adjusting itself automatically. Its performance characteristics remain the same either way However in 12-Volt mode less power is consumed which might be preferable for battery-powered recording.
The CMC 6U has a balanced, direct-coupled class-A amplifier, giving a low output impedance, high RF shielding with and minimal distortion.
|Frequency range||20 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||see corresponding capsule|
|Maximum output voltage||1 V (0 dBV) with 1 kΩ load|
|Low cut filter||20 Hz, 12 dB/oct.|
|Minimum recommended load impedance||1 kΩ|
|Output impedance||42 Ω|
|Maximum cable length||> 400 m|
|SCHOEPS RFI Shield||Yes|
|Powering standard / Valid range||P48 / >20 V
P12 / >10 V
|Current consumption||4 mA (P48)
8 mA (P12)
|Common mode rejection ratio (at 1 kHz)||> 60 dB|
|Output||XLR-3M, analog, 1 channel|
|Surface finish||matte gray (g) or custom colour|